SEP-IRA contribution deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEP-IRA contribution deadline

Investment Advisor suggested for S-Corp. (3-15. filing deadine) to set up SEP-IRA for 2010. Tax return has been filed last month. Although contribution deadline includes extensions I assume a tax return cannot be amended after the original deadline to fund SEP-IRA, correct?

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
    Investment Advisor suggested for S-Corp. (3-15. filing deadine) to set up SEP-IRA for 2010. Tax return has been filed last month. Although contribution deadline includes extensions I assume a tax return cannot be amended after the original deadline to fund SEP-IRA, correct?
    You're right.

Just yesterday client called with same question. Upshot is that he will mail me his data as usual, I will rough out the return with the max 49,000$ on it, but file an extension and tell him what to send in 4/18.
    Final return wont' be filed until October of course.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Thanks, Harlan. Another question (probably a stupid one but I need some assurance): It does not matter if the income of the corporation becomes negative, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
        Thanks, Harlan. Another question (probably a stupid one but I need some assurance): It does not matter if the income of the corporation becomes negative, does it?
        Nope. Based on salary, a percentage as specified in the plan.

However... be sure the plan is established BY the corporation.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
        X