X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case you're interested

Looks like only about half of the taxpayers have filed so far:

Hmm

Yes, that IS interesting. I wondered if I have a lot of people that are late, cause I have not done as many returns this year as I had at this point last year. What about you guys?

I almost cried when I compared numbers to last year, cause I SWEAR I have worked the same hours.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Up some here

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
      Yes, that IS interesting. I wondered if I have a lot of people that are late, cause I have not done as many returns this year as I had at this point last year. What about you guys?

I almost cried when I compared numbers to last year, cause I SWEAR I have worked the same hours.
      I have done about 30 more that last year. But there was a preparer who decided to hang it up as her health was not good and that is where most are coming from. I have done 50 new returns but only up 30 so that means that 20 people either did not come back or are late. We will see.

I am finding that some of the people that I lost to Turbo Tax are starting to come back. Not in great numbers but maybe a positive trend.

Dusty

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty2004 View Post
        I am finding that some of the people that I lost to Turbo Tax are starting to come back. Not in great numbers but maybe a positive trend.

Dusty
        Ditto in our office, clients who left 3 and 4 years ago are suddenly showing up on the doorstep ready for us to prepare their returns again. And, surprise, they aren't b*!ch!#& about the fees! But everyone is coming in later than usual this year, it's been a quiet March but this week things have picked up.
        "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Cheapskates

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
          And, surprise, they aren't b*!ch!#& about the fees!
          Church "friend" who has like one million &^%$%^ IRA's for which they take the RMD (Ok, six), railroad retirement, taxable SS benefits, interest and dividend income (yes, Sch B), and Sch A (cause they want to see that I noticed their church contributions, I guess, cause they're not even close).

I call to tell her it's ready.

CF: How much do we owe you?

Me: $70.

CF: Oh, you went up again.

I started at $60 nine years ago.
          Last edited by RitaB; 03-17-2011, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
            Looks like only about half of the taxpayers have filed so far:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...come_taxes_yet
            To heck with Rasmussen. the only figures that count are IRS statistics, which through 03/04/11 show 60.5 million returns received versus 61.3 the year before.
            I think main reason for that is the delay in IRS acceptance of schedules a. People just didn't get everything together as soon as last year because they knew they had to wait to file. And we all know people only start to get things together about 6 hours bfore their appointment! (grin

Receipts of returns by us are up 2.5% over last year! And self prepared returns are up a whopping 7.4%. (I think that's a little better percentage than same time last year as I recall was about 5.x % by this time.)

overall average refunds are DOWN 0.4%.

Here I started out slower than last year for obvious reasons, but things have picked up here of late. Still will lose some to Turbo tax and the grim raper.
            Make that "grim reaper". sheesh.
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Started picking up this week for me. Where I was at a hectic pace last year.. it has been slow and steady so far. Things will be picking up alot in the next few weeks. Happy but it is going to be rough. I am already tucker'd out

Comment

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
                You are TOO funny, Rita! I love it!

Comment

Well, thanks, I guess

Originally posted by NRA Girl View Post
                  You are TOO funny, Rita! I love it!
                  Glad you liked that. But, seriously, I almost cried. Sniff. Sniff.

What the crap happened?? I am here like 27 hours a day, and I've accomplished LESS than last year?

Comment

It's like all heck broke out this week. Last week was a lot busier too, but the phone has been ringing off the hook since Monday. I have already received calls from 5 new clients cause "their guy just up and quit!" Hey, I know why. When my phone suddenly stopped ringing today, it wasn't long before someone in the office said the whole system was off. I just smiled and prayed it would last. It didn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X