State elf restricted due to $500 plus NCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State elf restricted due to $500 plus NCD

Are you getting an error when reviewing the state return that says it cannot efile because the non cash donation exceeds 499?
    Hawaii returns are doing this if the tp has a refund coming and has claimed over $499 in donations...cash or non cash.
    I spoke with the efile department of the state and was told it was being done by the program developer. I questioned that the developer has the authority to tell the state what it can file and what it can't and it turned out that the state doesn't support an IRS statement that can go with the return so they are not allowing the elf of the return in this situation.
    The director told me that they are receiving numerous phone/complaint calls from preparers (DUH!) so I explained what I thought was going to be their consequences for ths stupid requirement and asked if she could try to do something quickly to correct this problem.
    I also intend to contact my program developer to see what they have to say.

More to come: as I get updated info on this issue I will post it.
    It would be helpful if each of you whom this applies to would also voice a complaint.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Potential Solution

This website has a product that will allow you to file the return:

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Thanks, Koss for the info...aside from that I really don't want to have to go to another site to file the return because the majority of the returns I do will qualify. I wanted a fix and by calling the State office and the Intuit development office it appears that I will get my wish.
      The state called me today and told me that they talked with the developers and the problem will be corrected soon. Amazing what can happen when one does more than just complain.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Originally posted by Koss View Post
        This website has a product that will allow you to file the return:

BMK
        LOL and have to add characters to submit...

Comment

Working...
        X