Rr Union W2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rr Union W2

Client Came In With W2 From His Local Union. Box 1 Wages Are Given, Box 2 Fwh-0, Box 3 Ss Wages-0, Box 4 Ss Wh-0, Box 5 Medi Wages-0,box 6 Medi Wh $28.47. Issuer Claims This Is How He Was Told To Do It By Higher Ups. This Does Not Compute And Is Rejected For Ef. Am I Wrong In Saying That This W2 Is Wrong?

Assuming there is supposed to be an amount in Box 6, then there should be something in Box 5. Not all railroaders are covered by medicare, but if he is there should be something in box 5. Most often my railroaders show nothing in boxes 3, 4, 5 or 6 and have something like RR Tier1 XXX.XX, RR Tier 2 XXX.XX, and RR MED XXX.XX in box 14.

I would guess that the W-2 is in error, and if you can not get a corrected W-2 form the Union, just delete the amount in Box 6, as it probably should have been in box 14 as a info only amount anyway.

Comment

Rr Union W2

Thank You for your input. The w2 does have tier I and tier II in box 14. But can I legally just delete amount in box 6.

Comment

Good question

Frzzie, good question. I agree with everything said by the JeepGuy, but then the question comes back to you as to what to do with this funky W-2 for e-file.

The correct answer, of course, is to get the taxpayer to notify his employer and get the W-2 corrected. Excellent textbook approach but something that is not going to work in the real world. Apparently no one in this guy's local even knows how to issue a W-2, so the textbook approach isn't going to happen.

Can you change an information document? Not supposed to. Before I changed the entry of the W-2, I would call your software company. If they don't have a solution, then you might revisit the question of whether changing the W-2 is appropriate or not.

Not to exert an evil influence, but I have changed documents that I've known to be errant and especially if the amounts are small. Understand that the IRS is getting these same documents, and your particular case is going to be a train wreck with them too.

Comment

Rr W2

Thanks to both replies. I am now waiting for a call form the w2 preparer to talk to him myself. If that can not produce a corrected w2 wellllll. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Again thanks

Comment

Rr W2

Wellllll Just talked to or rather talked at by W2 preparer.(talked at is rather nice). He will do my clients taxes because he has accounting degree and this is the way he has done this for years, over 500 W2s.No one has ever complained about this before. All I need to do is fill in the blanks. IRS will not see this W2 since I'm doing EF. Then he hung up on me. HOW RUDE. I just needed to let off steam. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Comment

Rr Union W2

Does the accountant that knows so much realize that the IRS should get a copy of the W-2 he made out?
                I wouldn't let him do my taxes.

Comment

Working...
                X