Efile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efile

I submitted a return for efile and got an immediate acceptance from the IRS. Normally it takes at least several hours. Has anyone else had this experience? I am wondering if something is wrong.

Might have been

Could have been timing with your efile provider and the drain times,
    or maybe the file was under MeF rather than Legacy. MeF is almost real time, and Legacy is the "old system" that takes longer.

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by jimenright View Post
      I submitted a return for efile and got an immediate acceptance from the IRS. Normally it takes at least several hours. Has anyone else had this experience? I am wondering if something is wrong.
      Do you file directly with IRS? Or use a software provider?

I use Drake and after sending the batch file immediately get an ACK from Drake with code
      P for pending.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I use Drake and TaxAct. Drake seems to take longer for acceptance, but TaxAct is almost immediate. I've experienced a 10 minute delay to a 24 hour delay between submission and acceptance.

Comment

I use CRX

and normally have to do an operation called "send" and then wait some time for acceptance. This time the return was accepted immediately by the IRS.

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
          Do you file directly with IRS? Or use a software provider?

I use Drake and after sending the batch file immediately get an ACK from Drake with code
          P for pending.

Comment

Welcome to the world of MEF!

I have had them come back in 10 minutes! It's really kinda neat!
            Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Working...
            X