Tax Software this tax season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Software this tax season

Is everyone happy with their tax software so far?

Name the software.

If yes, say so.

If not, why not?
    Jiggers, EA

Yes

Drake
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

TaxWorks, a big, fat NO!

Comment

Yes

ProSystem fx. Worth every penny! I love it. My fourth season.

Comment

ATX. Working fine for me. Smooth startup and no problems.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Me, too / Hi, John,

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
            ATX. Working fine for me. Smooth startup and no problems.
            ATX running smooth, but I was feelin' kind of sorry for Sandy and her colleagues runnin' that program (What is it? Tax Act? Tax Works? One of those.) that kept kicking them off or turning itself off while they were doing returns. Now that would be some scary stuff right in the middle of the rush season.

Any improvement on that, Sandy?

Comment

Hiccups

I am not too bad - only a couple of minor "irritants" (knock on wood)
              have compared some notes with a few others that are having problems that I am not having.

Not sure what is going on with TaxWorks this year - I had more problems in 2009 version, than what I am having now in 2010, but still kicking me out of the program when I update clients. However, I don't seem to be losing information, like some people are.

Could it be trying to adapt all of the Windows Platforms - XP-Vista and Win 7? Or the fact that TaxWorks is offering Two Different Versions of their Software and they can't get it straight or keep them straight.

Thanks for asking BB,

Sandy

Comment

Yes, Tax Slayer Pro. Have always loved it. This year for first time they have the 990-T, not a form a lot of people have need of but I have been asking for this for several years. Was told in past that it was low priority and they might never have it but to keep asking which I did. I was in total shock when I found it in the program this year. Lovin it. Wonder if other software has the 990-T. Tax Slayer has always had the 990.

Comment

Drake and yep happy so far again this year.

Got a new printer/scanner combo and using it to scan into their Document Manager. Has really been nice.

Was using Futisju Scansnap before and had been happy with it. Although fast and good scanner it started getting paper jams. Alot more than it should. Tried cleaning the rollers but did not help. Did not last long for a $400 scanner. But when it did work it was nice. After the tax season I will probably be selling it on Ebay.

Comment

Drake is great as usual.

Comment

Drake Happy

It does what I need. Even though it basically functions like a spreadsheet which involved a tiny learning curve If I know that the entry I want to make goes on a particular form I can call up a picture of that form and click on the relevant spot and I will go to the relevant entry screen. I can also call the company during most of the hours I'd be working and be talking to a knowledgable person by the third ring. The thing I really like is that if I happen to get someone who feels unable to answer my question they transfer me to someone else almost at once. It also comes with as far as I know EVERY form in fillable pdf format so if I do happen to need something they don't offer in the regular software I have it in that format instead of having to chase it down on the internet. For example, I recently did I think it was an SS8 for a client who I felt had been improperly treated as a contractor by a firm for which he no longer worked and for which he did not mind making trouble. I did have to talk to a second agent but I got a good concise explanation of how to prepare the tax return and the fact that the SS8 had to be mailed in first. There is even I understand a way I can import a pdf form into the return in order to efile it always assuming that form can be efiled and in any case to have things print in proper order. .

Another cold hard reality is that Drake is at the very outer limit of what I can consider buying for my relatively small practice. I'm sure I'd love Pro System FX or Lacerte but honestly everything else I have demoed has paled beside Drake.

Comment

Very Happy

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
                        Is everyone happy with their tax software so far?

Name the software.

If yes, say so.

If not, why not?
                        Pro Series Pro - Happy with the price - quality - features - support.

Dusty

Comment

erchess

Originally posted by erchess View Post
                          If I know that the entry I want to make goes on a particular form I can call up a picture of that form and click on the relevant spot and I will go to the relevant entry screen. .
                          I have a Demo copy of last year's program I reviewing; I can't find how you call up a picture
                          of the form and click on the relevant spot to go the entry screen. Is that something new
                          for the 2010 program?

Gene

Comment

Who is your Daddy?
                            DRAKE
                            Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Tax Software

Taxslayer Pro is the best software you can buy. I have been a user for 10 years and would not consider anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X