Calif. State Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calif. State Return

Have client that moved from CA to TX in 2004. Have prepared the federal & CA return.
    Question: Do copies of all W-2s have to be attached to the CA return or just the
    W-2s from wages earned in CA?
    Also, re. the federal return that is attached to the CA return. Do W-2s have to be attached to it?
    Haven't done a CA return in a number of years and my mind is sort of in a stir right now.
    Had a severe thunderstorm around my house this evening. The wife was at the
    computer when a bolt of lightning went dancing across the computer table between
    her and the keyboard. Needless to say she was a little shook up.
    tweet...

W-2s

Attach all W2s but only 1099s that have Calif w/h. No need to attach them again to copy of fed. If you "forget" they will contact you if they want 'em.

Comment

W-2

I do Calif. and AZ. part year and non-residents every year. I only attach the W-2 that belongs to the state where the wages was earn. Never was ask for W-2 from the other states.

Comment

Calif Returns and W-2

I am in Calif and do a lot of other part year or out of state returns. On the w-2 copies you receive from the taxpayer on a multi state, there should be a Fed, a Calif and a 2nd State w-2 form.

All we do is attach the Fed w-2 to the 1040 to IRS. Calif w-2 copy showing Calif wages and withholding to Calif return and usually a copy of the form 1040 (because Calif requires it) no fed w-2 attached to Calif, and then the other state w-2 copy to the other state copy return., again no Fed copy of w-2 or other state w-2 form.

Sandy

Comment

Thanks to

all of you for your response.
          tweet...

Comment

Calif State Return

As I E-File all returns, I don't have to worry what to attach. Makes life much easier. But if I did, I would just attach the W-2's with CA income shown to the CA540.

Bill
            Bill

Comment

Working...
            X