Adoption Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adoption Credit

Do we anticipate that returns mailed in with proper documentation will be dramaticlly delayed like we would expect first time home buyer credits. Last year with FTHB I efiled the return without it and then amended. Should we be doing the same thing with adoption credits?

I just did one with a FTHC and Adoption Credit. I know last year when I called the Tax Practitioner Hotline they told me amended returns (12 weeks) would take longer to process than if I just mailed in returns with the FTHC. I suspect the same is true.

Comment

Considering the documentation required I would expect it to take a long time just like FTHBC. I'd also expect a lot of fraud is going to be attempted, so I'll be happy if they give it extra scrutiny like the FTHBC.

Comment

1 month

The client with the HUGE adoption credit carry forward that I mentioned earlier. I gave them their return to mail in the end of January. He just called me and said he got a check in the mail for a different amount and wondered why.
        So in his case it only took a month.

His problem was what was mentioned in a different thread....I had him send in documentation for the adoption that took place this year. The refund he got was for this year's adoption credit plus MWP credit.

When I checked Where's my refund? It said to expect a letter and send the proper documentation that it asked for in and it would be processed.

Linda, EA

Comment

Working...
        X