efile business returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

efile business returns

I have been efiling individ returns for several years. Now I would like to be able to efile business returns, 1065, 1120S, 941, 940. How do I find out if I can do this? I made three phone calls to IRS, talked to 6 people, and noone could help. Do I have to reapply?

My Business E-file is covered under my 1040 filing. 941 & 940 is a separate application. I've been doing this for years so I don't remember what application I used, but the client had to approve on the application.
    Last edited by BOB W; 02-23-2011, 08:51 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I also have had mine for years

But as I recall, unless it has changed,
      you update the form 8633
      If you are signed on E-services, you should be able to update online through e-services

Sandy

Comment

I went into eservices and added businesses to mine. Was easy to change........ nearly too easy

Comment

I tried to go to eservices, but couldn't find the right place. I waiting til tomorrow to cal PTIN services. Do you think they will help?

Comment

E-Services

If you are already signed onto e-services
            Go to Application (on left), then efile application
            you should then see your application (existing)
            Long list appears and then you select what you need to update -

Guessing yours would be the program(s) applying for

I don't think the PTIN desk is going to assist you!

If you are not signed up on E-Services then you will have to paper file the 8633, but I would encourage you to also process the e-services sign in as well.

Good Luck,

Sandy

Comment

Working...
            X