No announcement yet.

Big box amends Sch E w/ vacation home limitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent point about respect and not knowing the whole story.

Regarding the FTHB- The certificate of occupancy dates could have been doctored. How else to explain the credit being received?

Comment

Working for HR Block I can tell you I regularly try to check with a prior preparer when reviewing their work. My first question to the taxpayer would have been along the lines of, "Did you discuss the homebuyer credit with Ross?, and , "What did he say?" The preparers in question have always been gracious and (I suspect) grateful I would take the time to understand their point of view.

I agree that it is not a personal rental BTW.

Comment

Hey Snowshine

Thank you for sharing your experience in regard to checking with prior preparers. I can remember now not one but two times when I have contacted a preparer who did not work for the firm I worked for at the time. I've had bad experiences when I talked to prior preparers but I'm gong to start doing it more.

Comment

The Home Credit

I didn't want to address Home Buyer Credit , as it seems like there was not enough information in the OP to make a conclusion.

The part that intrigued me was the limitation on the Personal residence converted to Rental. So I believe that has been rectified.

Not sure about the Homebuyer Credit?

I have in the past discussed a client's return (with proper disclosure) with prior preparer's and find that some are receptive, and others will not talk, they are upset they lost a client or are very "protective" of how they prepared the return.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
          X