Is business down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is business down?

Mine is. I am hoping it will pick up after the Feb. 14th week. Interesting I just received in the mail a coupon from Liberty Tax Service for $50,00 off tax preparation for new customers only valid 2/15 until 4/10, Their business must be down also.

Jump around more

Maybe they need to come up with a new dance or way of jumping around with their signs and costumes.
    That is a real turn off for me. My granddaughter thinks they are crazy. She wishes they would just STOP.

Linda, EA

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
      Maybe they need to come up with a new dance or way of jumping around with their signs and costumes.
      That is a real turn off for me. My granddaughter thinks they are crazy. She wishes they would just STOP.

Linda, EA
      But business IS down, right? (grin
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Lamil, to bad you dont reside in my neck of the woods..

Originally posted by Larmil View Post
        Mine is. I am hoping it will pick up after the Feb. 14th week. Interesting I just received in the mail a coupon from Liberty Tax Service for $50,00 off tax preparation for new customers only valid 2/15 until 4/10, Their business must be down also.
        One of my clients just left for which each year I say, "he is gotta go". Then I could refer him to you. : ) Just kidding

Comment

Traffic menace

Linda, EA
          They are a menace to traffic, too. Very distracting.

My biz is up. Mainly b/c 2 people stopped doing tax returns and I'm getting all of their referrals.
          "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Linda, EA
            They wouldn't do it if it didn't work, eh?.....or one would think anyways....I'm rural as is there is little to no competition for the types of returns I do, so we're having our best Feb in the last 10 years.....so we'll see how March and April go.

Comment

Busy as all get out

and less complaining from clients about fees over last year.

Comment

Thru Feb 16

Can't say business is down, but the receiving from clients is different. Have March clients sending in early ( without investment accounts) Have others that were Feb clients that are late.

Just all changed again, much the same as it did in 2009 filings. Have plenty to keep me busy, and even picked up a couple of new clients, I don't do any advertising, all or mostly repeats/referrals.

Too soon to tell,

Sandy

Comment

Busy

I am plenty busy. Once people give you their information, they think you start on theirs right away. I guess they think as soon as they mail or fax you something, you are just sitting there waiting to do their return.
                  I went to a client's last Tuesday and picked up their bookkeeping for the whole year. I have to input all of it in QB before I can do their s corp return. She has emailed for the last 2 days wanting the tax return. They are selling a rental house (short sale) and the realtor wants the return. I told her I am working on it, but I have appointments for clients coming in every day too.

It's late and I am a lttle testy....haven't had enough sleep lately. It's after midnight and I probably have a couple hours of work left on QB to get this all in the computer. They also have about 8 or 10 letters from IRS regarding 941's that she just stacked up and gave to me last week.
                  Almost everyone has some little something strange or complicated too.So process is taking longer.

Well, back to work. Just needed to vent.

Linda, EA

Comment

I am plenty busy. Once people give you their information, they think you start on theirs right away. I guess they think as soon as they mail or fax you something, you are just sitting there waiting to do their return.
                    I went to a client's last Tuesday and picked up their bookkeeping for the whole year. I have to input all of it in QB before I can do their s corp return. She has emailed for the last 2 days wanting the tax return. They are selling a rental house (short sale) and the realtor wants the return. I told her I am working on it, but I have appointments for clients coming in every day too.

It's late and I am a lttle testy....haven't had enough sleep lately. It's after midnight and I probably have a couple hours of work left on QB to get this all in the computer. They also have about 8 or 10 letters from IRS regarding 941's that she just stacked up and gave to me last week.
                    Almost everyone has some little something strange or complicated too.So process is taking longer.

Well, back to work. Just needed to vent.

Linda, EA
                    I hear ya.....it's after midnight and I've gotten tons of those little strange things you were talking about that just takes time....and I, too, swear that some of my clients think they're my ONLY client.

Good luck the rest of the eve/morning.

Comment

On another post yesterday

I am experiencing the same thing here, not so heavlily busy, but enough mail, faxes and sent by email, that I am chasing my "tail"

Client yesterday, I was almost ready to "fire" and on the other post, just decided he needed the full bottle of magnesium to give him an attitude adjustment. llucky for him, he DID NOT call me today.

And now I have one by email over the last 5 hours - that is pestering

Testy-Testy- impatient clients and it is only 2/16/11 - we have days to go

Hang in there, I think many of us are right there with you experiencing the same. But it never hurts to vent around the "water cooler".

Sandy

Comment

business down

mine is down a bit this year, but I have picked up a few new clients along the way.
                        Noel
                        "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."- Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                        X