repeat commuting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repeat commuting question

From another board - "had a customer tell me that as a union worker who works in the NY area he's allowed to take a deduction for his cummuting mileage. He was forceful in his belief that everyone at his union hall and any accountant and lawyer he talked to says it's fine. I told him it's just commuting miles and he stormed out. Was there something I missed."

Commuting

Originally posted by luke View Post
    From another board - "had a customer tell me that as a union worker who works in the NY area he's allowed to take a deduction for his cummuting mileage. He was forceful in his belief that everyone at his union hall and any accountant and lawyer he talked to says it's fine. I told him it's just commuting miles and he stormed out. Was there something I missed."
    There have been numerous cases where preparers took these deductions and got thrown in jail. It is commuting. If someone else wants to put it as deductible let them.

Now - if they are working outside of their home area then it is deductible or if they have to go the the union hall before going to the work site the mileage from the union hall to the work site would be deductible. But they HAVE to be REQUIRED to go to the union hall.

Dusty

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty2004 View Post
      as.

if they have to go the the union hall before going to the work site the mileage from the union hall to the work site would be deductible. But they HAVE to be REQUIRED to go to the union hall.

Dusty
      TTB page 10-5

Union members. If a worker gets a work assignment at a union
      hall and then goes to the work site, the costs of getting from the
      union hall to the work site are nondeductible commuting.

Comment

Gene:

Thank you very much! I missed that when I read that. We do not have that issue here where I am so I did not follow it close enough. Thank You Again!

Dusty

Comment

Working...
        X