Tax Library downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Library downloads

Just opened my Tax Library CD and there were hundreds of downloads. I would be nervous using the print version.

Actually, as I recall, when you loaded the CD last year and did the updates all the pages where changed and there was never a problem staying current. They have made the CD much harder to work with this year. (1) You must have it in the computer to access the info. In consultatioin with customer service there is not way we can find to put it on the computer. (2) When updates are made, you are referred out of the CD to an update section in which you must look it up, assuming you can remember where it came from, which act of congress, etc. (3) The internet is not always available while the CD is, although easier to use when resident on the computer. (4) When you open the CD this year, you MUST always update prior to having access. This may be good if it is a changed item, but if it isn't it is a pain. Last year we could update at our convenience. While I like the Tax Book, as you can tell I am not happy with this change. It may just be the way my practice works, but, that is my reality.

Comment

I hope you don't mind me adding to this (I was going to do a separate post)
      but I am a little disappointed this year with TTB CD also.

I don't like the interface. I liked how it was before. Would open up in Adobe Acrobat. I have a 25" monitor and I could have it on the other screen and zoom in where it would fill it up. So much easier to read.

Also when you do a search on a certain keyword the phrase is not highlighted. I was searching for nonresident alien info and never did find what I was looking for. I ended up search on google and irs.gov to find my answers.

The interface is the biggest problem for me. Looks like right now it is installed 638 updates.

Comment

Working...
      X