X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PITA is back...

OMGosh.

AGI $206,000.00
    Charitable contributions $168.00. One hundred sixty eight dollars.
    Holds me hostage for 2 frikking hours nit picking the tax return.
    Has the audacity to say I am "doing pretty good for myself in this business"... (my phone was going nuts, to voicemail, so he knows how busy I am)

I reminded him that I pay both sides of FICA on every penny I make.
    I pay $600.00 a MONTH in HEALTH INSURANCE (he is retired military)
    Not to mention my rent..

So, let's see, 1/3 of the fee I charged him went to pay taxes and the rest pays my rent and health insurance.

I almost came out of my skin. You know what I told him? While I was on hold with the IRS for him, I ran some figures. I told him that he should write checks to the church. (as if he gave cash to the church which I know he does not)
    I told him that if he had given $600/month to charity, he would have increased his refund by $2430.00, so his $7200.00 contribution would have only cost him $4770.00!

Shoot. If I was my own employee, I would buy me a drink.

cheers geez

thanks

Nice.....love these stories....makes me think I'm not the only one in the biz with clients who are *****!

I had a client who, I think was borderline mentally ill and kept telling me I told her something that was totally untrue....after two years of trying to tell her I didn't say these things and getting written disclosures of what I did say (didn't help - I could've had a video and audio recording and she'd still say I doctored it), I simply and calmly called her and said, "You're fired."

client: What? You can't fire me.
    me: I just did.
    client: How do you do that?
    me: I say again, you're fired. Don't ever step foot in my office again. I'll mail all copies of documents I have on file to your last known address and help your new preparer with any transitional issues.
    client: Have you fired clients before?
    me: Yes.
    client: How do you stay in business if you fire clients?
    me: Those type of clients cost me money, so I actually save by firing them/you.

Comment

Originally posted by Possi View Post
      Holds me hostage for 2 frikking hours . . . I almost came out of my skin.
      A favorite quote that I like to call to mind from the movie "Hustle & Flow":
      DJay- You in charge. Say it.
      Nola- I'm in charge.
      DJay- Say it like you mean it.
      Nola- I'm in charge!

Originally posted by kpangelinan
      Nice.....love these stories....makes me think I'm not the only one in the biz with clients who are *****!
      Not alone- I love your story about getting the PITA outta your hair!

Comment

Fired client!! hahaha

Originally posted by kpangelinan View Post

I had a client who, I think was borderline mentally ill and kept telling me I told her something that was totally untrue....after two years of trying to tell her I didn't say these things and getting written disclosures of what I did say (didn't help - I could've had a video and audio recording and she'd still say I doctored it), I simply and calmly called her and said, "You're fired."

client: What? You can't fire me.
        me: I just did.
        client: How do you do that?
        me: I say again, you're fired. Don't ever step foot in my office again. I'll mail all copies of documents I have on file to your last known address and help your new preparer with any transitional issues.
        client: Have you fired clients before?
        me: Yes.
        client: How do you stay in business if you fire clients?
        me: Those type of clients cost me money, so I actually save by firing them/you.
        That is priceless! =)
        "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Working...
        X