State Income Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Income Tax

I have a client who worked in Washington D.C in 2004 then moved to Florida at the end of 2004. In 2005 he received a bonus from his ex-employer in Washington D.C. Does he need to file a state tax return for Washington D.C for this bonus amount? I'm thinking he would have to file the state tax return. Can some clarify this for me. Thanks

Originally posted by Taxman
    I have a client who worked in Washington D.C in 2004 then moved to Florida at the end of 2004. In 2005 he received a bonus from his ex-employer in Washington D.C. Does he need to file a state tax return for Washington D.C for this bonus amount? I'm thinking he would have to file the state tax return. Can some clarify this for me. Thanks
    It depends on the amt he received . State requirements for filing

Does the W-2 say Washington DC on the State info. if it does then he will have to file a return
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

He recieved $6,900 and it does say Washington DC in the state information boxes with no amounts withheld for state income tax. I'm going to look at what Washington's requirements are for state income tax purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman
        He recieved $6,900 and it does say Washington DC in the state information boxes with no amounts withheld for state income tax. I'm going to look at what Washington's requirements are for state income tax purposes.
        I may be wrong but I dont think DC pays state Tax
        Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

I looked it up and DC doe have state income tax. It's 5% on the first $10,000. I'll propbably go ahead and file it to be safe.

Comment

Interesting since D.C is not a state.

Comment

Dc

Don't you remember the demonstrations of taxation without representation carried on in our national capital recently? This is exactly what these citizens were fighting.

Comment

Working...
              X