dishonest tax preparers - Judge Judy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeros View Post
    I don't think that licensing the tax preparers will weed out the dishonest ones. Do you?
    I had problems registering, and spoke to a rep. I told them that the problem might have been with my address for tax filing, being different from my home office address at my guesthouse. She told me that it was only about whether or not the 64.25 had been paid, they didn't consider anything else!!!!!! So that told me that registration is probably just a money thing, and won't weed out the dishonest people!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
      I had problems registering, and spoke to a rep. I told them that the problem might have been with my address for tax filing, being different from my home office address at my guesthouse. She told me that it was only about whether or not the 64.25 had been paid, they didn't consider anything else!!!!!! So that told me that registration is probably just a money thing, and won't weed out the dishonest people!!!!!!!!!
      My reference to registration was becoming a registered tax preparer by taking the future competency test - as well as a couple other posts. That is, applying for a PTIN is not synonymous with a registered tax preparer.
      Last edited by solomon; 02-02-2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I saw that episode of judge judy too. and wondered how the IRS put all these refunds of other people into the defendant's child's savings account.

Comment

Davc

You are funny! Of course, I meant that the person only knew one person who had an account at that bank.

Linda. EA

Comment

Working...
          X