NATP national convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NATP national convention

Just got an email about NATP's national convention in St. Louis in August. Has a nice lineup of topics. Expensive, at least for me!!

Anyone ever been to their convention? Is it worth the money?

Linda, EA

NATP convention

I have been or was a NATP member since I think 2005 but I am yet to renew for 2011. I have never attended any local or national events but I used their tax research ever year. Non members can access their tax reserach for a smaller additional fee. I wished that NATP would email their Tax Pro Monthly in a PDF format and save on postage exps. Then maybe they can reduce the membership fees. I am leaning not renewing for $144 yr one has to save where he can. For $144, I was able to purchase a lexmark 35ppm laser printer.

Comment

I got it too, and I have attended this conference more than once, but not in a good many years since I am no longer on the state board of directors. It has good educational content, and the mingling with other preparers is worth it. I am a little confused by its pricing, however. It seems way more expensive than it used to be. And how can it be that attending for one day's sessions is $205, and full conference is $626? It's only two days. In the past, the registration fee included the banquet, and you could not opt out. However, you could sell your ticket by posting on a community board. I think however, they stopped that because so many did. That allowed you to leave that day and not spend another night.

Comment

4 days

I pulled up last years agenda and it was 3 1/2 days last year.....Monday through Thursday. Monday morning was general session. So it would be possible to get 33 CE credits by attending all the time. Maybe if they had a 2 day price...

I too thought the price was expensive. Don't know if my brain could handle that much info at one time.

Linda, EA

Comment

Working...
        X