Tax Preparer went from Sole Proprietor to LLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Preparer went from Sole Proprietor to LLC

Tax clients will now be issuing a check/payment for tax preparation to my LLC under my LLC’s tax id opposed to issuing payment to me under my SS#. My EFIN, PTIN etc. are all under my name. Do I need to contact the IRS on this change and if so which form do I use? Also the “Paid Preparers Use Only” at the bottom of the ending page of the Federal tax return, do I replace under “Firms name” my personal name with my LLC and enter my LLC tax id in the “EIN” space?

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    Tax clients will now be issuing a check/payment for tax preparation to my LLC under my LLC’s tax id opposed to issuing payment to me under my SS#. My EFIN, PTIN etc. are all under my name. Do I need to contact the IRS on this change and if so which form do I use? Also the “Paid Preparers Use Only” at the bottom of the ending page of the Federal tax return, do I replace under “Firms name” my personal name with my LLC and enter my LLC tax id in the “EIN” space?
    I changed the legal entity form for my biz last year from multi-member LLC to single-member LLC. I had to apply for new EFIN # and believe I used e-services to do this. My PTIN number did not change at that time, but changed with the preparer registration. My tax returns show my LLC name with the respective EIN.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      Also the “Paid Preparers Use Only” at the bottom of the ending page of the Federal tax return, do I replace under “Firms name” my personal name with my LLC and enter my LLC tax id in the “EIN” space?
      Yes, you should.

Comment

Working...
      X