Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Form 2120 Multiple Support Declaration-Annual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 2120 Multiple Support Declaration-Annual?

Isn't there a similar form that one spouse can sign off for more than one year?

Originally posted by zeros View Post
    Isn't there a similar form that one spouse can sign off for more than one year?
    No. Only for Form 8332 do they allow that. I believe that this is because the 2120 is based on those who provided more that 10% of support and that would not necessarily be known until the year ends.

If you are talking about a spouse signing away a Qualifying Child, the bottom part of Form 8332 allows the custodial spouse to specify future years.
    Last edited by dtlee; 01-25-2011, 08:50 PM.
    Doug

Comment

Form 8332 - Preparer's Responsibility?

Is the tax preparer to keep a copy of this form in his records? And attach it to all the subsequent returns he files for this individual?

Comment

Originally posted by zeros View Post
        Is the tax preparer to keep a copy of this form in his records? And attach it to all the subsequent returns he files for this individual?
        It is more the taxpayer's responsibility than the preparer's for the subsequent years, but I keep a copy for that purpose in case the client is careless. I need to keep a copy of what I sent in anyway, so I make extra copies for myself and the client at the same time.
        Doug

Comment

Working...
        X