W-3 and W-2 copy A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W-3 and W-2 copy A

For the W-3 and the W-2 copy A that needed to be sent to the Social Security Administration, do they still require them to be in red ink lines this year (2010)?

No...... Black&white. Is ok
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
      No...... Black&white. Is ok
      Thank you. It makes the whole process a lot easier. I have no idea why they required it to be in red ink before.

Comment

Originally posted by AccTaxMan View Post
        Thank you. It makes the whole process a lot easier. I have no idea why they required it to be in red ink before.
        They scanned the reports. They still scan but are using Upgraded equipment. 1099, which are sent to IRS, still uses red paper.
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

IRS uses red, why?

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
          They scanned the reports. They still scan but are using Upgraded equipment. 1099, which are sent to IRS, still uses red paper.
          You can send in a plain paper 941, 940, 943, and 944. Aren't those scanned also?
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

W-2 W-3

W-2 W-3 forms are mailed to SSA - so plain paper

Form 941 and form 940, etc are to IRS and they have been plain paper for a while.

Beyond me why IRS can not convert the 1099 forms from red to plain paper

Sandy

Comment

A sea of red

With all of the newly required 1099s, the IRS will be floating in a sea of red if everyone who is now required to file 1099s does file them using the red, scanable forms.

Comment

Working...
              X