Tax Library CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Library CD

I just installed the Tax Library CD on my computer. Anyone else not crazy about the new interface - especially all the wasted space on either side of the screen and the fact that you only see about half the page you are trying to view. In know you can reduce the zoom level down, but it becomes really hard to read the small print. Maybe I have a setting wrong, but I followed the instructions on the package. I preferred the 2009 layout much better.

I don't have the CD Libary but my Web Library displays perfect, Although my pixel setting is 800x600 for everything.
    Last edited by BOB W; 01-22-2011, 02:09 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Cd

Originally posted by KBTS View Post
      I just installed the Tax Library CD on my computer. Anyone else not crazy about the new interface - especially all the wasted space on either side of the screen and the fact that you only see about half the page you are trying to view. In know you can reduce the zoom level down, but it becomes really hard to read the small print. Maybe I have a setting wrong, but I followed the instructions on the package. I preferred the 2009 layout much better.
      The CD of the TaxBook I just received a few days ago. I had never used it before. I dont see the problem that you described. This year it will be espcially helpful in keeping the updates in one place. I think it will prove to be a helpful tool.

Comment

KBTS- I tend to agree with your assesment. I ordered the CD last year and was absolutely thrilled with it. I was never made aware of the changes that were made to this years version when I ordered had I known I probably would have went a different route. To not include all the hyperlinks to pubs, tax law, forms, and the tools was a bad decision as far as I am concerned.
        The new CD for 2010 is really a disappointment compared to last years version. Last year to have the tools and organizer and pubs etc in the cd was really a cool thing.

Comment

New "feature"

The new CD for 2010 is really a disappointment compared to last years version.
          One new "feature" this year is that the program no longer gives you the option of where it should be installed. Nobody should mess with my system disk without my permission.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
            The CD of the TaxBook I just received a few days ago. I had never used it before. I dont see the problem that you described. This year it will be espcially helpful in keeping the updates in one place. I think it will prove to be a helpful tool.
            Here is a screen shot which might help explain. As you can see, there are large areas on each side of the screen that are wasted space and you can only view about 1/2 of the document without having to reduce the zoom level way down or scrolling to see it. Like I said, maybe there is a setting that needs changed but I have not found it.
            Attached Files

Comment

The print function will also drive you nuts this year. You can print one page at a time. I do like that auto update feature when the program starts.

Comment

Tax Library

Originally posted by dhawkcpa View Post
                The print function will also drive you nuts this year. You can print one page at a time. I do like that auto update feature when the program starts.
                I was interested to see this - as my one big regret in going with the Tax Library online this year, was that I could only print one page at a time - but it appears the CD is like that, too now. Hmmm.

Comment

Cd

Originally posted by KBTS View Post
                  Here is a screen shot which might help explain. As you can see, there are large areas on each side of the screen that are wasted space and you can only view about 1/2 of the document without having to reduce the zoom level way down or scrolling to see it. Like I said, maybe there is a setting that needs changed but I have not found it.
                  Your font size is set too small on your computer. I get much larger than that. The half page size of the page is wearisome but you can scan the images.

I too find the print function to be annoying but will learn to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                    Your font size is set too small on your computer. I get much larger than that. The half page size of the page is wearisome but you can scan the images.

I too find the print function to be annoying but will learn to live with it.
                    My Web Library also shows a half screen for pages, but the top half is all about search issues which I am happy to have. As far as only being able to print only one page, most issues are less than 1 page, just a paragraph or so.
                    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Cd

Last year the CD was very easy to use but this year they have made it much more difficult and less useful. I remember that they were trying to convince us to switch to the internet version, but I didn't switch. Maybe this is their way of convincing us to switch next year.
                      If so, they have succeeded in my case. I will not re-order the CD.

Comment

Originally posted by taxxcpa View Post
                        Last year the CD was very easy to use but this year they have made it much more difficult and less useful. I remember that they were trying to convince us to switch to the internet version, but I didn't switch. Maybe this is their way of convincing us to switch next year.
                        If so, they have succeeded in my case. I will not re-order the CD.
                        I hope they have not stooped to producing an inferior product with the intent to channel customer to a different product. Any kind of poor product does not reflect well on any company.

Comment

Ttb Cd

I agree with other customers who are disappointed with this years product. From the poor program installer, to the new interface, loss of links, and restrictive printing feature, it is very, very, inefficient and this subscriber of several years shall not be renewing.
                          Last edited by LT3; 02-01-2011, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Was there a change of ownership? I thought Brad and the other authors owned TMI.

Comment

Working...
                            X