NT-Satellite Internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT-Satellite Internet?

I live in a rural area and don't have much choice with regard to internet service. I currently have a line of sight broadband and a wireless service and between the 2 still don't get adequate internet service. I'm considering a satellite internet provider as this may be my only viable option -no dsl here.

Do any of you use satellite internet? If so what company and are you happy with this service?

Thanks

CArolyn

I have Wild Blue

The internet is only two or three times as fast as dialup - much slower than dsl which in turn is much slower than cable. Unfortunately for me the line of sight dsl and cable options are not available where I live. Also my bandwidth is rationed but I find that I can live with the limits. On the other hand I never stream video and deal with very few pictures, little music, and no movies. I do like Wild Blue's customer service. Even the installer was great. My one complaint would be that the dish is where I can't sweep ice and snow off of it so I have had one weather related service interruption. If you want to you can pay an extra I think 5 bucks a month to have dialup through WB always available. I didn't go for that option because we decided to keep both MSN and ATT dialup services in order to keep our email addresses but if that were not a consideration the WB option would have been attractive.

Comment

Thanks for the response Erchess -do you know what kind of speed you download/upload at? What I have can be super fast but I believe most of the time it's actually as slow as dialup (or not functioning). After 6 months of complaining...I think it's time to move on!

Comment

Speed

I'm afraid I have no idea what kind of speed I get but even the wifi in a hot spot is faster. On the other hand I can tell I'm a lot faster than the 20 or so kbps I was getting with dialup.

Comment

Working...
        X