QB Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QB Help

I would like to use the A/R function on my QB. How do I setup a client, invoice the client, then when I receive payment, remove the balance due to me?
    Dave, EA

That's sort of like

asking "how do I do payroll?"

Short answer: on the home screen, follow the middle section from left to right.

For more, see if you local community college, business incubator or someone for a class.

Comment

Quick & Dirty answer: Create an invoice. When paid, open 'pay invoices' and locate that invoice and enter the $$ amount paid against the invoice balance. Don't just make a deposit, that will leave the invoice open and unpaid leaving you with a huge amount of a/r outstanding and totally messing up the balance sheet.
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Qb

Use the Quickbooks Help menu - search "accounts receivable" on the tool bar

QB automatically creates and adds to COA when you invoice. It will ask you to add the "customer" and create a customer list. When receiving a payment go to Customers - receive payments and then type in the customer name, etc. The invoice should appear. QB then pays the invoice. Check the Reports for "open invoices" If you run an "accrual report" for P & L all invoices will show, if you run a report for "cash basis" on the invoices paid will appear.

There are also forums for QB users that you can visit and review - google QB accounts receivable and a few should "pop up"

Sandy

Comment

dsi

If you'd like to get on the phone after the New Year I'd be happy to go over a few things with you. I know just enough to be dangerous!! You can leave me a p/m when or if you decide to.

Comment

Originally posted by outwest View Post
            asking "how do I do payroll?"

Short answer: on the home screen, follow the middle section from left to right.

For more, see if you local community college, business incubator or someone for a class.
            This is a good suggestion, but where I live these courses aren't available. taxmandan, DTS and Sandy, thanks for the guidance. I will see how far I can get, and if necessary, I will take DTS up on the offer to call.
            Dave, EA

Comment

Under "Customers" I clicked on "Invoices". I was asked to set up a customer, which I did. Then I started to create my first invoice. I entered a "description", but it won't allow me to enter an "Amount"?
              Dave, EA

Comment

Need an Item

You will have to create an "item" such as Income Tax Preparation, Corporate Return, Accounting, etc. Whatever description you want.

Under Lists - Item List - Create new

View Help - Fill out an ivoice - there is a 4-min tutorial about creating an invoice.

Sandy

Comment

Tutorials

As Sandy has mentioned, there are a lot of tutorials built in to QB. And, Intuit has a lot of online courses available, free even.

Comment

And

Try this site - lots of QB question & answers.

Comment

Working...
                    X