Off-topic: MS Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-topic: MS Word

Is anyone noticing a big slowdown when saving or closing Word? After some Windows updates I'm noticing it takes forever to save a Word doc or exit the program. I think I should remove and reinstall the Office suite and then not install anymore Office updates.

Any thoughts and what's going on and how to solve this?

Thanks.

I haven't noticed any difference, probably depends on Operating System and Version of Office. I don't think it is a good idea to not install updates for security reasons. Alternatively you could do an internet search if there is a specific update that is causing problems and then just not install that update or simply delete it from the list of installed software.

Comment

Gretel

Earlier, I did think of doing that. Somehow, I just forgot about following through with it. I can get my update history and see what updates to that program were done. I will check for this update online, as well.

Thank you.

Comment

Does this help any?

"The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

John

It might. The printing section should be OK. Docs print quickly now and have in the past. The section on fonts might be the culprit. The other night I was looking for a particular font for a doc and as I was scrolling down I noticed a whole section unavailable now.

I'll work on this for now and see how things change. It appears there might be more I can check within your link and will do that also.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X