S corp health Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S corp health Insurance

Client - Scorp - paid Health Insurance premium and also made contribution for HSA from S corp

I know that Premium is included on W-2.

But what about contributions made from S corp for shareholder (more than 2%)?

Thanks!

Both are included

as taxable income. Neither is subject to FICA or FUTA.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
      as taxable income. Neither is subject to FICA or FUTA.
      So include contribution in W-2 (Box 1) and then deduct on 1040 page 1? Can I treat contributions as distribuiton?

Thanks!

Comment

The health insurance premiums

Originally posted by TAX View Post
        So include contribution in W-2 (Box 1) and then deduct on 1040 page 1? Can I treat contributions as distribuiton?

Thanks!
        and the HSA contributions are deducted on the corporate return as wages. They are included in box 1 of the W2. And then deducted on form 1040 as an adjustment from gross income.

Comment

as self employed health insurance deduction line 29 ?

are the health insurance premiums included on the w-2 paid by the s-corp, reported on the 1040 as self employed health insurance deduction line 29 ?

Originally posted by veritas View Post
          and the HSA contributions are deducted on the corporate return as wages. They are included in box 1 of the W2. And then deducted on form 1040 as an adjustment from gross income.
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Yes, that is correct.

Comment

And the HSA

Originally posted by SAMMY View Post
              are the health insurance premiums included on the w-2 paid by the s-corp, reported on the 1040 as self employed health insurance deduction line 29 ?
              contributions are deducted on line 25.

Comment

Sorry, don't have a current tax form 1040 in front of me. Whichever line says "self-employed health insurance deduction" is where it goes.

Comment

You are correct

Originally posted by Burke View Post
                  Sorry, don't have a current tax form 1040 in front of me. Whichever line says "self-employed health insurance deduction" is where it goes.
                  Line 29 is the correct for Self Employed Health Insurance.

Comment

Working...
                  X