PTIN Received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTIN Received

Mailed app with PTIN and CAF letters attached on 11/1. Got same PTIN 12/23. Was just getting ready to try on-line.

Mailed IN-Tried Online - Sucess!!

I mailed in my application on 11/1 and after 7-8 weeks no reply. Thought I would try online today and was sucessful with no hitches. They got my money and I got the same PTIN number I had. Took about 20 minutes. I wonder if they didn't get resolved all the previous problems.

TAKING DOWN MY "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SIGN" AND REPLACING IT WITH "OPEN FOR BUSINESS."
    Last edited by zeros; 01-05-2011, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Still waiting

I sent my PTIN request by mail on 10/23. Hopefully it will come today.

Comment

PTIN Welcome letter download problem.

I sent my PTIN application by mail after having trouble online, following the instructions carefully. I waited patiently for 8 weeks and was about to call them when I decided to check the ptin website's frequently asked questions. In there I found out that you can go online and opt to apply using the online system even if you mailed your application in. So I tried again and in about 10 minutes I had my old PTIN reinstated. I received a confirmation of payment and reinstatement at that time and downloaded it.

Now....they sent me a "Welcome Letter" by email.....and I am not able to read it because it is a garbled rtf document (looks like wingdings). Anyone else have this trouble? If so, how did you solve it?

(I'm worried that they have some instructions in there I need to deal with). I may have to call them.

Thanks,
        MAW
        God Bless!
        M. A. Wigton
        Pacific NW

Comment

The "welcome letter" is what contained my PTIN assigned number that I requested by mail.. Try another computer to see if it will print. You need to know if they gave you the same one

Comment

Ptin Letter

My letter made no sense also but it had an attachment that had a letter that you could read.Unfortunately I receive a new PTIN they have nor idea why.I have had one for 20 years.

Comment

If there is an attachment open it. Mine had an attachment that was the actual letter.

Comment

Problems Resoved By Calling Them

I got my old PTIN reinstated after a lot of trouble and applying by mail.... then online after 8 weeks of waiting (The problem was due to my hyphenated last name and joint tax return....IRS had a programing problem they finally fixed) Then after all of that I was having trouble reading the Welcome Letter they emailed to me. Tried another computer, tried another email. I finally gave up and called them. They said not to worry about the letter as it was a formality and had no special instructions I needed to deal with. I do have a confirmation email regarding the payment and reinstatement, which was sent right away when I applied online.

So I now have my "Open for Business" sign up in my little corner of the world.

Hope others have resolved their problems. I'm sorry to hear that one of you, after having a PTIN for 20 years in good standing, was issued a new one. I was worried about that and really wanted to keep the same......I was one of the first people to get one. But I lucked out and got the same one back.

BEst of luck to everyone.
                Mary Ann
                God Bless!
                M. A. Wigton
                Pacific NW

Comment

Working...
                X