Problem with the binders for the TaxBook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the binders for the TaxBook

Last year the labels for the spine showed the tax year, 2009. Great idea that followed the spiral bound books in prior years in showing the tax year.

This year there is no tax year.

Why not?

That is a problem.
    Jiggers, EA

I think the new ones are for tax year 2010. ;^)
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Mine is ok

I have the 2010 Deluxe Edition and it has the year 2010 on it.

Comment

On the new binder?

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
        I have the 2010 Deluxe Edition and it has the year 2010 on it.
        The book did have it on the spiral binding.

But I bought those binders that operate like a ring binder. You can add pages, take away pages, file updates(that you printed on the special paper).

The binders come with a card for the various TaxBooks. Deluxe, etc. You tear off the one that is your book, and insert it in the spine on the binder.

That MUST have 2010.

Blank does me no good.

I did e-mail TaxBook, but no response yet.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

I just wrote 2010 on the end of the inserts before I put them in.

Comment

On Purpose?

Is it possible they left the year off so that the binders may be used interchangeably?

Comment

Why?

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
              Is it possible they left the year off so that the binders may be used interchangeably?
              Why, use them over and over again each year?

What do you do with the prior year TaxBook sheets as I threw away the removable plastic binding when I transferred them to the binder.

On my library shelf, I have the prior books by year. I do have to refer back to a prior year several times during a year for non-filers or late filers.
              Jiggers, EA

Comment

No

Originally posted by hisreddevil View Post
                I just wrote 2010 on the end of the inserts before I put them in.
                That does not make a professional looking tax book in your library if you have to handwrite the year.
                Jiggers, EA

Comment

Type it!

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
                  That does not make a professional looking tax book in your library if you have to handwrite the year.
                  I have never ordered the binders, but ordered 5 this year for each year of the series that I have since my 2009 version "fell apart" about 2 weeks ago from overuse (a good thing!). I'm kinda glad that the years aren't included, so now I can just print a label for each year.

Comment

Tax year on Binders

Originally posted by JoshinNC View Post
                    I have never ordered the binders, but ordered 5 this year for each year of the series that I have since my 2009 version "fell apart" about 2 weeks ago from overuse (a good thing!). I'm kinda glad that the years aren't included, so now I can just print a label for each year.
                    I solved the problem by cutting "2010 Tax Year" from the plastic binder and slitting the bottom edge of the labelholder and inserting it. The plastic is thick so it stays in place. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Comment

Working...
                    X