Practioner Priority Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practioner Priority Service

Client got a 90-day notice for unreported income, but it was clearly shown on an amended return with tax paid. I faxed duplicate return to them but they say there is no record of the amended or duplicate. (Agent also said the office can't do it's work because too many people call them!) Practitioner Priority Service says they can not assist with problems at the Under-reporter Program. Any hope for the Taxpayer Advocate, or do we need to file with Tax Court?

Call again and talk to a different agent. The guy is being a jerk. You got a copy of the amended return, WITH (I assume) a cancelled check proving additional taxes were paid. The IRS is not going to want to waste their time going to court over this. Just keep making yourself a pest until somebody decides to do their job and listen to you.

Comment

90 day notice

Recently there was a similar problem. Stayed on the phone, kept making phone calls and talked to various reps at the IRS, finally one of them gave a fax number to fax over the documentation and then it was resolved. Make sure you obtain the IRS rep name, id# and telephone # and/or fax #.

Sandy

Comment

The PPS has seem to gotten worse. I use to could call and get matters resolved rather quickly. Now it seems they are as bad as the 1040 number. You just have to keep on calling until you get someone to work with you.

Comment

Even 1040 number is good-FAIRTAX

I have faxed information and stayed on the line while the IRS representative gets it. You guys must live in some BAD areas. You do not even have to get off the line-wait and they will review the information with you. I am really starting to think I live in the best area in the USA.

Did anyone watch FOX last night? I did not listen, but FAIRTAX guy was on with his Congressman supporter who had submitted the bill. I caught the very end where everybody was for it. I only need a few more years. Why does the Congress have to get smart now? So what if it is a broken down system-just wait a few more years. I thought my slow thinking generation still controlled DC and the next generation would take a while to correct everything we did..

Comment

No need to worry

Originally posted by JON
            Did anyone watch FOX last night? I did not listen, but FAIRTAX guy was on with his Congressman supporter who had submitted the bill. I caught the very end where everybody was for it. I only need a few more years. Why does the Congress have to get smart now? So what if it is a broken down system-just wait a few more years. I thought my slow thinking generation still controlled DC and the next generation would take a while to correct everything we did..
            There is one reason why fair tax, or flat tax, or whatever tax that simplifies the code will never work. The minute you propose the rules, someone like me circulates information on why some poor low income person will now have his tax bill doubled. The income tax code is skewed to cause high income taxpayers pay much more proportionately in taxes than low income taxpayers. Want proof? Look on page 16-14 of the QF, Who pays federal income tax in 2001? The top 5% of income earners had 32% of the share of total AGI, but paid 53% of total taxes. While the bottom 50% of income earners only paid 4% of total income taxes. That means half the country only pays 4% of all income taxes.

Any messing with the tax code where half the people get their taxes raised is going to put a quick halt to tax reform.

Comment

Under reporter program

My understanding is when your case is in the under reporter program the PPS will not get involved. You have to deal with someone in the under reporter program. There should be a number to call on the bill. My only problem with the under reporter staff is, if it turns out the taxpayer is due a refund rather than owing they don't tell you to file a 1040X. They will not process the info you give them to do anything but reduce the tax to zero or issue a bill.

Comment

cancelled check

As far as I can tell their only function is to set up a payment arrangement. But my client has already paid. It will be pretty weird to go into tax court with a cancelled check and that may be what we do.

Comment

Working...
                X