IRS Agent supposedly stopped by client's home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Agent supposedly stopped by client's home

Client tells me neighbor saw someone at his house snoping around then left a card. Card left was from an IRS agent. Asked client if he recieved letters from IRS and client replied no and told me that I have a copy of all letters received from IRS. We did a loss carry back but all that was finalized with my client receiving a check about 11-1/2 months ago. Any idea why an IRS agent would show up without notice?

Agent

I would call up agent and ask him why he went around your POA and what is he looking for.

Comment

CID agents will do that. Also if payroll was/is an issue. Do you have a current POA on file?

Comment

An IRS agent came to my brother-in-law's house a few days ago. He immediately called me and I went and met with her. She said that they had sent him a couple of letters maybe 2 years ago, but that he did not respond. She wanted to know why no 941's and 940's were filed for the 2001 tax year. He had become disabled during the last of 2002 and had to hire an employee for the last quarter only. I don't know why they were concerned. His schedule c had the same amounts for payroll expense as the 941.

Comment

collections

It is my understanding that collections agents make house calls in some instances.

Comment

Or it may have been an agent doing a background check on a perspective employee
            Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
            X