Black Friday deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Friday deals

Thinking of purchasing either a scanner and printer or combo scanner printer fax. Watching the pre black friday ads. Any of you see any good deals out there?

Scanner

I really like my WorldocScan 400 portable scanner. The results are not square enough on the page to publish in a book and they are only in greyscale but they do fine for my purposes including emailing things I have signed to clients who print them out sign them and often fax them to the IRS. I believe this scanner lists for $120 but I have seen it for as little as $99.

You probably don't need a small printer such as the one I take when I call on clients but I really like Brother Printers for non portable use. Should be some bargains available at Staples. If you shop Staples don't forget to mention your Prof Organizations to see if one gets you a discount.

Comment

I did not go shopping on Black Friday but compared the ads and the best prices were at TigerDirect.com. After talking to two different reps, I found out that they will have better prices on Cyber Monday!!!!

My computer guru wants me to use Circuit City, not Staples.

Comment

cyber monday

After researching and getting no help from my computer guru, I called HP.

I ordered this at one in the morning and am very happy with it.

HP has great business graphics and a voice in AMERICA TO COMPLAIN TO

ORDER INFORMATION

HP Pavilion dv7t Select Edition Entertai
        WX444AV 1 $1027.99

SUMMARY OF SAVINGS:

Instant discounts you received:
        $150.00 Notebook instant rebate
        $100.00 Laptop instant rebate

NY Tax:
        Shipping:
        $86.09
        Free

GRAND TOTAL: $1114.08

YOUR CUSTOMIZED HP PC

• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
        • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-460M Dual Core Processor (2.53 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz
        • 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5470 switchable graphics [HDMI, VGA] - For Dual Core Processors
        • FREE Upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
        • 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
        • $20 OFF! Microsoft(R) Office Home and Student 2010
        • FREE Upgrade to Norton Internet Security(TM) 2011 - 3 Year from 2 Year (activation required)
        • 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.0 hours of battery life +++
        • 17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)
        • FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner
        • HP TrueVision Webcam and Fingerprint Reader
        • Intel Wireless-N Card
        • Standard Keyboard
        • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Comment

Nice purchase!

Originally posted by MrsUncleSam View Post
          After researching and getting no help from my computer guru, I called HP.

I ordered this at one in the morning and am very happy with it.

HP has great business graphics and a voice in AMERICA TO COMPLAIN TO

ORDER INFORMATION

WX444AV 1 $1027.99

SUMMARY OF SAVINGS:

Instant discounts you received:
          $150.00 Notebook instant rebate
          $100.00 Laptop instant rebate

NY Tax:
          Shipping:
          $86.09
          Free

GRAND TOTAL: $1114.08

I would say off-hand you got a good price, for a lot of computer. Nothing on Amazon.com approaches that price (restricted prices?) for that model, but Best Buy has plenty of HP perhaps-similar computers for much lower prices.

Problem with BB is you have to be able to compare model #s/specs for a realistic determination. Some computers are virtually the same but offered in different markets...I guess just to confuse the buyer.

The other, very popular, option is HP factory refurbished ( = upgraded ) models which can offer some excellent bargains for the $$.

FE

Comment

I got my second monitor!

At Office Depot for $99. LG 20". Went in on Saturday after checking availability online. didn't have to fight crowds or get up early. Sweet!

Comment

did look at refurbished

I did look at HP refurbished! Best Buy did not give me the 2 year tech support and it really was a desperate call, but will be saving me a fortune. Why? My computer guru was supposed to send me the correct models available and he did not come thru.

On Black Friday, Walmart had an excellent deal for 600 big ones. BUT, I did not want to sit outside on my butt all night,

Comment

On Black Friday, Walmart had an excellent deal for 600 big ones. BUT, I did not want to sit outside on my butt all night

For future reference: most of those specials you could order on line at the same price but only after the beginning time for the sale. A friend ordered a TV that was on sale for $98 on line with free shipping, Just had to wait til after 5:00 AM. Sure beats standing in the store and fighting the crowe.

Comment

next year

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                  On Black Friday, Walmart had an excellent deal for 600 big ones. BUT, I did not want to sit outside on my butt all night

For future reference: most of those specials you could order on line at the same price but only after the beginning time for the sale. A friend ordered a TV that was on sale for $98 on line with free shipping, Just had to wait til after 5:00 AM. Sure beats standing in the store and fighting the crowe.
                  Thank you!!!
                  I never knew that electronic storebusters could be online from Walmart.
                  Guess, who will be doing it next year.

Comment

Working...
                  X