Statement SBE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statement SBE

I am reviewing a return prepared by another where some of the expenses for Schedule C business were reported directly on Schedule C and additional expenses were reported on Schedule SBE, the results of which then flow to the same Schedule C Line 27, Other Expenses.

What is the purpose for this? There are no unusual expenses as I can tell that are reported on this SBE. What are some reasons that these expenses weren't merely included on the Schedule C directly? Are there any?

Thanks for any responses.

94nole
    Last edited by 94nole; 11-16-2010, 01:58 PM.

I give up!

What is a Schedule SBE?
    Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

This is just a wild guess, but I'm thinking that the SBE the poster is referring to is an unofficial attachment schedule, not a tax form. Probably a "Small Business Expenses - Other" schedule which is intended to detail the total entered on Line 27. If that is correct, then the answer to 94nole's question is, "it doesn't make any difference."
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

This form "appears" to be an IRS form. It looks just like and is laid out just like Form 2106 but is clearly labelled at the top Statement SBE and flows to the Schedule C, Other Expenses.

There are additional expenses listed in the Other Expenses on Schedule C. The total from this form just flows in as another line item.

For example, there are M&E expenses on the Schedule C but also M&E expenses that flow from this form to Schedule C, Other Expenses.

Anyway, I didn't recall seeing this before and didn't know if any of you had ever seen it.

Comment

What software generated the "form SBE"?
          I'm still betting it's something unique to the software.
          We're trying to assureyou it isn't an IRS form (at least not a normal one).

Does it contain an OMB number and a sequence attachment number?
          (I'm betting your answer is "no").
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Thanks JohnH

Comment

Working...
            X