Who's Who???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's Who???

Has anyone gotten a letter to be in Who's Who registry?? They are just telling to add my name and address and co in a magazine.
    They said I was appointed as a biographical candidate to represent my town and co here.
    Has anyone done this before and what is up with it? Haven't heard of it.

Any comments about it?? Thanks
    SueBaby

Save your money.
    It doesn't mean anything.

After all, have you ever used Who's Who to look somebody up, for any reason?
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Can you say "vanity press"?

Comment

They want your money...You have to pay to get in there. lol.......

Comment

I don't think the real Who's Who asks for money up front.

They'll enter you if they see fit, and then try to sell you expensive copies. This one sounds like a scam.
          Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

File 13

I put those things in File 13. Can't imagine they would do me any good.

They do want money!!

Linda

Comment

Who's Who

Once I was "selected" and was asked to provide some information. They re-wrote it and sent it to me to look over and tried to sell me the publication. I looked it over and said it looked OK. Then they re-wrote it again and told me to look it over and repeated their attempt to sell me a copy.

If I had bought the book, then they would have published my write-up. Some people are actually deluded into believing that it is a great honor to be selected.

Comment

They will publish you whether or not you buy.

But they will inundate you with periodic "updates," all accompanied by a request to purchase. I always sign and return the update form and never buy anything.
                Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
                  I put those things in File 13. Can't imagine they would do me any good.

They do want money!!

Linda
                  Wow, thanks all now I know what to do with it -----File 13 (TRASH)!!
                  SueBaby

Comment

Working...
                  X