Earnings Allowed for Full Social Security Benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earnings Allowed for Full Social Security Benefits

I understand that once you earn over $12,480 your Social Security benefits get reduced $1 for every $2 earned. What is included in "earned income"?

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I understand that once you earn over $12,480 your Social Security benefits get reduced $1 for every $2 earned. What is included in "earned income"?
    Earned income includes employee compensation, net earnings from self employment ,strike benefits, disibility pay reported on W-2, and scholarships reported on W-2. A net loss from self employment reduces earned income
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

So no passive income (i.e. dividends, interest, social security, capital gains, pension, etc.)?

Comment

Social Security

After an individual reaches full retirement age you are entitled to full benefits with no linits on how much you can earn.

Comment

So no passive income (i.e. dividends, interest, social security, capital gains, pension, etc.)?
          That's correct
          Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

After an individual reaches full retirement age you are entitled to full benefits with no linits on how much you can earn.
              That's also correct

Comment

Working...
              X