Scorp wants info on buying Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorp wants info on buying Gold

I'm stumped. I have an Scorp wanting to invest in gold. I feel that would be a (possibly) appreciating asset and am inclined to advise them to take a draw and own the gold personally rather than have it listed as belonging to the Scorp. Any advice?

I think it would be an "other current asset". When sold it would be capital gain or loss at the 28% rate unless it was treated as inventory in which case it would be ordinary income.

Unless the s-corp was a dealer in metals I don't see why they would want it in there. If imminent global economic collapse is what you are hedging against, then forget gold and silver, lead is the only metal that will protect you.
    In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
      I think it would be an "other current asset". When sold it would be capital gain or loss at the 28% rate unless it was treated as inventory in which case it would be ordinary income.

Unless the s-corp was a dealer in metals I don't see why they would want it in there. If imminent global economic collapse is what you are hedging against, then forget gold and silver, lead is the only metal that will protect you.
      I love your last sentence...How true it is......... a thousand rounds may not be enough.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Ha ha

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
        Good one DaveO!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Don't click on link if nasty words offend you.
          Last edited by BHoffman; 11-01-2010, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Thompson is ok

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dyUzUxE_2w

Don't click on link if nasty words offend you.
            I prefer the BAR.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
              I prefer the BAR.
              Ammo is too expensive.........................I'll stick with my Bushmaster...............(AR15)
              Last edited by BOB W; 11-02-2010, 12:33 PM.
              This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
              X