Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxpayer Advocate

Originally posted by Chief
    What are these state offices that fall under the leadership of Nina Olsen.? What is their function and how do they operate? Do they help tax payers who owe the IRS bigtime?
    I think she works for the TA office. I don't know anything about her, but I've used the office on several things and all but one have worked out good. They're independent of IRS and are supposed to be "for" the taxpayer. I don't know if they do OICs or not, but they've resolved problems I couldn't using regular IRS channels. They are great at cutting through red tape and getting things done in a hurry.

Their national number is 1-877-777-4778 and they'll give you the number for your area.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 04-15-2006, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      You have all seen these commercials for companies that negotiate with the IRS regarding back taxes. Has anyone used any of them? Would you recommend them? I have a client that has not filed tax returns in 6 years. He is going to owe a great deal of money and has no way to pay for it. I can prepare the returns for them, determine the liability but I would prefer to have someone else negotiate with the IRS. What should we do?
      I hope you got the fee up front. If not, there's not much chance that you'll get paid.

Comment

Working...
      X