Why doesn't the TMI Group have meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't the TMI Group have meetings

Just noticing the hard work and dedication the members have helping each other in the jungle of taxes, has there ever been a seminar or meeting of the members?

It might be interesting and educational. Maybe a chance to thank the person who has helped in a tax question etc.

Could get continuing education too!

Bob

Where would it be?

I would enjoy being at such a meeting, and meet some of you face-to-face.

Where would it be? I think the lower 48 geographical center is Olanthe, Kansas, but the population center is close to Rolla,Missouri. If these colossal tourist centers don't inspire you, we could always flock en masse to the IRS Center at Holtsville, NY or Odgen UT.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
      I would enjoy being at such a meeting, and meet some of you face-to-face.

Where would it be? I think the lower 48 geographical center is Olanthe, Kansas, but the population center is close to Rolla,Missouri. If these colossal tourist centers don't inspire you, we could always flock en masse to the IRS Center at Holtsville, NY or Odgen UT.
      Holtsville works for me ....2 towns away.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I think that's great; have a meet-up near one of the big IRS centers! Of course, Ogden is closest to me...

I've had a lot of fun at other meetings I've had with members of other types of message boards I've been on. Of course the best was the fans of Mott the Hoople in London for their first concert in 35 years; a bunch of 50 year olds cheering on a bunch of 60 year old rock stars (well one was 70) and all of us feeling about 15.

I'm up for it!

Comment

Group Meeting

Instead of a physical location - why not have an abbreviated teleconference or webinar?
          That way - no travel, no hotel.
          Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Holtsville

I'd go to Holtsville, or a teleconference. Or, a great place to go this weekend to leaf peep and have little telecommunications available; i.e., peace and quiet, is my son's 101 year old inn in NE PA:

InnAtStarlightLake.com (off-season prices, good weather, full breakfast included with room, on-site spa, lake between two mountain ranges, etc.)

Comment

Orlando FL, is great.We can also visit Micky
              Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Webinars are the big thing now I notice. I get emails about them all the time (some not on tax subjects). I think one of them would be a great idea. I think the software to run one is a monthly fee.

Comment

sounds good to me too

I think it would be fun to meet the people on this board and put a face to the screen names we know.
                  I guess you know from my screen name I would love a place at the beach to meet. But probably some where centrally located would be best, if we actually did this.

Webinar would be nice but I don't have a web cam so no one would see me.

Linda

Comment

Rolla Missouri would be fun for me. We lived at Ft Leonard Wood and our 2 youngest children were born there. I'd love to go back and see the area again. Not sure it would appeal to anyone else, but I'd enjoy it.

Comment

South

If we're going to meet in November or December, let's pick someplace warm and sunny. If right after tax season April 2011, anyplace the snow has already left; maybe Washington, D.C., to see our tax dollars at work. If right after tax season October 2011, maybe the northeast to leaf peep.

Comment

I'm attending NATP workshop in PA early Dec . . . anyone else here gonna be there?

Comment

Best in the West

Anyone attending Best in the West in Vegas Nov 29 - Dec 1?
                          Jiggers, EA

Comment

I think one meeting place of all members, willing to attend, would be almost impossible. May I suggest 5 separate meetings for starters. Northest, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest and Central USA. I think this would maximize attendance for each location.
                            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

The first meeting

was held day before yesterday, Monday October 18th at Weaverville, NC. Attending were Ed Chamberlain and Harlan Lunsford.

There being no old business, nor any new business for that matter, the
                              meeting adjourned and refreshments served by the treasurer. 4 p.m.
                              was a good time for double dips of ice cream!

(If you weren't present, you were talked about.)
                              ChEAr$,
                              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
                              X