Restricted Stock Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restricted Stock Award

I have a t/p that changed employment and as part of the compensation pkg was offered the Restricted Stock. In the cover letter it states "If you have not met all the tax requirements of this offer within 45 days of the date of this letter, the offer is withdrawn"

What could they be referring to?? I have reviewed the 18+ pages and see no "tax requirements" Sect 83(b) Election is referenced, but says "You may not exercise ---- without written approval of the CFO or Gen Counsel of the Company"

Based on what the t/p forwarded to me, there is an Accepted and agreed by Grantee and Spouse which is "Grant of Award" and then the only other document for signature is a "Irrevocalbe Stock Power" form for Grantee and Grantee Spouse to sign.

Does anyone know what other tax requirements need to be met?

Sandy

Maybe

Really don't know, but if a new hire, maybe just his W-4 and state withholding forms. Or, I had one once that had to submit a personal check to the company in the amount of the projected taxes.

Comment

And perhaps they're also including the I-9, even though it's not a tax form.

But the obvious answer is to call them and ask (or have your client do so). Even if you get more substantive answers here, it would make sense to ask them directly.

On a tangent: I'm surprised at the spousal signature requirement. Is this a community property state (either company headquarters or the client's location)? Or does the award include a beneficiary provision requiring a spousal waiver?

Comment

Working...
      X