Need advice re: Oregon Trust filing requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice re: Oregon Trust filing requirements

I have a client who passed away in July of this year. She had a revocable trust that became irrevocable when she died. The client had moved here to Texas several years ago from Oregon. The trust was written while she resided in Oregon.

The trustee has asked for a estimated projection for taxes that will be owed on the 1041 for 2010. The client had sold some property in Oregon prior to her death on a seller financed note. The payments will now be paid to the trust. So, there will be income to the trust for several years to come.

What I need to understand is whether or not the trust must file in Oregon since the property is located in Oregon. I have done some research. But I don't seem to be able to find the actual requirements in Oregon. Thanks.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Page 1. Interest on the sale is not sourced.

Comment

Thank you very much. I will study it.
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

I don't have an answer to your question, but I will relate an experience I had with Oregon DOR a couple of weeks ago. I had an unusual personal income tax situation that I wanted to be certain I was handling correctly. I emailed Oregon DOR with the details and an attached spreadsheet (with all client identifying info removed).

Within 4 hours I received an acknowledgement of my question from their tax services unit, advising me that it had been forwarded to an auditor. About 2 hours later I received a detailed response from their audit unit. The response was tailored to my situation and right on point (not some boilerplate reply). Very impressive, IMO.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Thanks John. I may do that also.

Comment

Working...
          X