collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

collections

Is there a form that can be filed with IRS to halt collection procedures for a short period in order to gather pertinent information?

Client is delinquent on 7 of last 15 federal returns. He claims he filed them, service says they have no record. I am working to get wage/income/deduction information from both taxpayer and IRS, but it is taking longer than the revenue officer is willing to wait. Revenue officer called TP's employer today and is going to begin levying salary (only asset) immediately because "Evidently your client does not intend to file". He has all intention to file, but we need to gather the info. What can I do to get the revenue officer to back off for a little bit so we can gather the info?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by JoshinNC
    Is there a form that can be filed with IRS to halt collection procedures for a short period in order to gather pertinent information?

Client is delinquent on 7 of last 15 federal returns. He claims he filed them, service says they have no record. I am working to get wage/income/deduction information from both taxpayer and IRS, but it is taking longer than the revenue officer is willing to wait. Revenue officer called TP's employer today and is going to begin levying salary (only asset) immediately because "Evidently your client does not intend to file". He has all intention to file, but we need to gather the info. What can I do to get the revenue officer to back off for a little bit so we can gather the info?

Thanks in advance!
    You got to be kidding. Did not file 7 of last 15 returns and needs time to gather info. Give me a break. Put yourself in the revenue officer's position.

NO WAY JOSE
    Last edited by Brian EA; 03-10-2006, 11:38 PM.
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Assuming a final notice of intent to levy and a notice of a right to a hearing has been issued at least 30 days before the levy, the IRS has full authority to levy your client’s salary, and you can’t stop it. If proper notification has not been filed, you have a case to go before the agent’s manager to stop the levy. But my guess is your client has been ignoring IRS notices for a long time, and only now is getting serious because of the threat of levy.

Comment

Garnishments

Depending on Client's financial situation you may be able to claim hardship status. Complete form 433A financial information (offer in compromise). The IRS transcripts are immediately available by calling Practioners Hotline. 800 - 860 - 4259 you will fax your Power of Attorney (2848) and they will fax back income transcripts. IRS will usually postpone for 30 days. Another tactic that often works is to make a payment arrangement with IRS revenue officer to begin in 30 days then quickly file returns before first payment is due. While an Offer in Compromise is pending the IRS is required to suspend collection activities (filing fee 150.00). If you want help see stop garnishments at https://www.grandcentraltax.com/tax/...vies-liens.htm - If these guys do not stop the garnishment no charge.

Comment

Working...
        X