Cancel POA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancel POA?

I have a POA for a former client. For several reasons, I decided not to continue with this client and want to have the POA canceled and get my name no longer associated with this person's. The phone says that the wait is longer than 15 minutes, so I am hoping that maybe one of you knows the procedure for doing this. (I'm lazy and don't want to wait that long.)

I did this one time in the past, but it has been a couple of years and I have forgotten the procedure. It was something to do with writing cancel across the top of the POA and transmitting it, but I am not sure of the words to be written at the top.

Thanks in advance.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Scroll down to page 2.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Thanks, JohnH
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Lt

I have written "REVOKED" with a black marker across the top of the 2848 and mailed into my filing center in Fresno. Shortly after, the client and I receive notices that the POA is cancelled.

Comment

Fax #

I have written "REVOKE" across the face of the 2848 and then faxed it. Number is FAX: 801/620-7725 which is Ogden, UT. In about 2 wks I received a formal ltr from IRS stating the 2848 has been revoked.
          Larry

Comment

Thanks all.

LT

Comment

Working...
            X