Fthb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fthb

I filed a strange FTHB in March of 10 for 09. What made it strange was that a person reporting only a few thousand dollars of income had bought a really very nice house. What made it believable to me was that most of the income was bank interest and she told me the money had come from a divorce settlement.

In May she gets a CP05 notice which she has faxed to me and in June another notice which she has since lost but which she felt said more or less the same thing. So today we called the PPL and a very nice lady told us that the return is being examined and the service will eventually send her the refund or another letter but there's no way we can hurry the process. The lady did give us a phone number which is (800) 347-5518 which was supposed to be for the examination division but no one answered it at a little after five pm Eastern time. The lady told us it was answered until seven pm Eastern.

Is there any alternative to just waiting patiently? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Last edited by erchess; 09-01-2010, 06:06 PM.

At this point it is pretty much wait, wait, wait. I had a client with a similar situation last October. Her very first home was purchased with inheritance money that she had received when her dad died a year earlier. Since there was no income on her return, she got 2 letters from IRS asking for basically the same things on both letters. She sent copies of everything she had both times, and finally got her check this June. I haven't seen any ways to hurry the process once the return has been sent. I just try to send everything that I think they will ask for with the original return.

Comment

Working...
    X