Tax Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Works

There is a vendor that resells a version of Tax Works for a reduced price. I don't remember the name of the vendor. Can someone tell me the name of the vendor and /or provide comments with using the software from this vendor

TRX? I think they sell TaxWorks these days.

Comment

Trx

Check their website, something like TRXAlliance.com and especially the unofficial ATX website ATXCommunity.com where you can search on TaxWorks on the general Chat forum and also browse the separate TRX forum. You will find comments re other software resold by TRX, such as ATX and TaxWise, so watch what you're reading. But, there are many preparers posting to that site that have used or are evaluating TaxWorks.

Comment

I used TRX this season

This was my first year using it and I LOVED it. Go the website as the others have suggested to get other opinions. There are discussions on here about the software also. Do a search and you'll probably find it-mine included. Good luck.

Peachie

Comment

TRX is the site...

http://www.TRXAlliance.com.

This was my 2nd year using them. The first year was TaxWise & the 2nd TaxWorks.
          They offered a bit more for TaxWorks. I didn't mind the software. Worked fine. Still have some reporting items to work out - but I DID sign up again.

NOW is the time to look at software for the 2011-12 season because they all want us to renew at reduced rates. I hate switching...

I was NOT as happy with their Tech support this year as I was the year before. I didn't really need them that much but I am an IT guy by heart - So when they give stupid answres or sloppy answers it makes me mad..
          But I was not deterrred enough to go elsewhere. The cost is more than reasonable. This year they also threw in a new Business Management software which I received early to review. It looks promising IF it is fully integrated with the tax software. Otherwise I would find is useless. The version I received is not since it's really for the 2010-2011 season.

I will keep you posted. I just emailed them with some quesitons about FAFSA reporting which I could not seem to (easily) get out of the software this year. But I was too busy to play around. That's why I'm trying to get these kinks out now.
          Matthew Jones
          Tax Preparation
          Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
          Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

Working...
          X