Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effective Date

Originally posted by Edsel View Post
    I was told by a friend that part of the new Financial Reform bill that was passed earlier this week contains a new transaction fee.

Anytime you withdraw from an ATM machine, an additional $1.00 to be assessed against your account and sent to the gubbermint. Don't know whether this is true or not, but if so, most of the people in my town will stop using ATMs. Then I suppose the next step is a fee on any cash withdrawals of any kind.
    Bump this up again. I was told by another credible source that the ATM Fee is going to happen.

But not until 2013. No accident here. Many of the changes, as well as the most unpopular changes in the healthcare bill, do not happen until 2013.

And of course there is the 1099 thing where we have to send a 1099 to everyone for the year of 2012. But of course, when would you issue these things? Not until 2013!!

Comment

>>>> ...."I was told by another credible source that the ATM Fee is going to happen.....<<<<<<<

If true, I betcha anything that one gets repealed down the road before it takes effect. The repubs will hop on that like a duck on a June bug.
      Last edited by Burke; 07-22-2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
        And speaking of other fees, as my darling Gretel was, IRS will have an annual (or maybe tri annual; not yet decided) fee for renewal of our PTIN's.
        Tentatively scheduled to be $50 with an additional fee (smaller amount) to the third-party vendor administering the program. Here we go.

Peachie

Comment

Originally posted by Peachie View Post
          Tentatively scheduled to be $50 with an additional fee (smaller amount) to the third-party vendor administering the program. Here we go.

Peachie
          Yes, just saw that today on our NAEA Webboard, one of the perks of membership for all EA's, to which number I hope we will be adding one Georgia Peach in the near future.

Right?
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
          X