Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Tax Planning

Any news on Alt Min for 2010? I can't find any changes or patches for 2010,

I am preparing a Projection for 2010, for changes in withholding, taxpayer at about
    105,000 Wages - married joint, 2 children, $15,000 mortgage interest, and about 3,000 in property tax and approx $ 2,700 in State Income Taxable income is approxmately 70,000, Nothing special, but my Tax Planning Program is hitting them with approximately 2,000 - 2,300 in Alt Min Tax.

Taxpayer has never been in Alt Min prior years

Is this possible?

Sandy

I have not heard anything that would change the AMT exempion for 2010, back to figures like 2009.
    This scare happened several years ago, in fact the change did not happen until after we received our first new tax program (in Dec). So I was able to put in some samples into my tax program. The affect of the low AMT exemption was SCARY!! I could not believe the change it made on some of the returns, some with incomes as low as 35,000. Don't remember exact information, but I remember the feeling of my hair standing straight up, and chills going down my back. I have been keeping my eyes, and ears open for any news of any change.

If anyone knows anything please let us know.

Comment

Working...
    X