• Show
Clear All

• JohnH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DonPriebe
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnH View Post
    All forms I prepare for clients look green to me.
    And I thought it was because of the eye-shade.

Leave a comment:

• ChEAr$
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnH View Post
    Now you're going to make me tell about the judge who called "Next Case." and the clerk
    read out the particulars. Defendant's lawyer motioned for a continuance and the judge asked on what grounds. "Because,your honor, a crucial witness named MR GREEN
    hasn't showed up yet." The judge understood of course and granted the postponement.

Leave a comment:

• JohnH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PIGLEE
    replied
    I don't remember the tax return being on a punch card, I remember my first one was on a card that was 1/2 the size of a letter size paper. One of my first accounting jobs, we used the punch cards, lots of fun, learned how to read them by holding them up to the light. The computer ROOM, was probably 20 x 50 and climate controlled, I think my old Palm Pilot did more than that large computer. We made some very pretty Christmas Wreaths from those punch cards.

Leave a comment:

• Edsel
    replied
    Color Printing

I'm actually glad this came up because now we can have print options to print the client's copy any color we wish.

A balance due 1040 can be blood red. A refund 1040 can be lush green. W-2s can be buff colored.

IRS pub 1345 can issue protocol about what colors and when they may be applied. The govt can hire several dozen people to enforce this.

The possibilities are endless!! Who says accountants don't create jobs!!

Leave a comment:

• taxxcpa
    replied
    Old forms

I remember the old IBM punched card "short form." That is the form I used when I was in the Air Force and had no deductions and no income except my $ 82.50 salary as a PFC. I think I got about $ 120 when I was promoted to Staff Sgt.

They also had different colors for 1065s and 1120s.

Leave a comment:

• dyne
    replied
    No, The 1040-A used by IRS was a yellow card somewhat larger than a check with information placed on the front and back. My first job with IRS was that of stamping a differant number on each tax return received.
    Last edited by dyne; 07-08-2010, 02:41 PM. Reason: more infro

Leave a comment:

• ChEAr$
    replied
    Originally posted by dyne View Post
    Does anyone remember the yellow card used as a 1040-A in the fifties or thereabouts?
    I also remember a red 1041 form and yellow 1065 form and blue 1120 return.
    Are you sure that "yellow" card you're looking at when writing isn't one of those old IBM
    punch card types which has simply turned yellow with age? (grin

Naw, I wasn't doing 1041 and 1065 or 1120 back in the fifties, but did file my own first
    return for tax year 1955. The copy I have (now framed of course!) was taken from the
    instruction booklet and prominently stamped "Y O U R C O P Y", and mirrors, front and
    back, the actual IBM type punch card. Actually got a refund that year.

Leave a comment:

• dyne
    started a topic Color Coded Tax Return Forms

Color Coded Tax Return Forms

Does anyone remember the yellow card used as a 1040-A in the fifties or thereabouts?
    I also remember a red 1041 form and yellow 1065 form and blue 1120 return.
    Last edited by dyne; 07-08-2010, 08:55 AM. Reason: delete sentance.
Working...
X