Veritas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veritas

About that FTHB allocation; did you include an explanation of the father's role in the deal or did you simply not mention him and let them draw their own conclusions?

I didn't attach

an explanation. Just the Hud-1 and a printout from Portlandmaps.com which showed the deed recording at the county with their names.

The daughter claimed the refund since her mother has an outstanding school loan.

Comment

Find the Debt-Free Party

I guess we should look for someone who doesn't owe the government when filing for a FTHB credit.

Dad used to pay farm hands for working in tobacco -- all of them lived at Big Spring where there was one store owned by Mr. Mercantile. Mercantile extended credit to everyone in Big Spring and everyone owned him either money or favors.

On Saturdays Dad would pay the crew for the week and it was difficult to find someone to make a check payable. Mercantile would cash their checks on Saturday evenings, and also try to collect from them. If they walked in with a check then they couldn't claim they were not working and were broke -- their usual excuse for not paying him.

OH NO, Mr. Jim! don't make that check out to me - put my money on Robert's check and he'll pay me when he gets it cashed! Robert would say - "Oh No not me! I owe Mercantile $150 - put mine on Rolfe's!!"

If there is not a community like "Big Spring" close to you, this sounds like a page from a fairy-tale book. The stories are a bit different, but I've found human nature to be the same everywhere.

A reminder that we are all in our own element. You won't grow up with the above stories if you live in upscale Long Island or Knob Hill. But you have your own element that is just as foreign to me and Bart. But we all function under different pressures and live in our own settings begot from different venues.

Comment

Where did you

guys learn to write like that? Love the rhetoric.

Was I getting spanked in there? just wondering....

Comment

Not Really

No spanking -

sometimes the urge to homespin a slice of life here in the rural south just looks for a subject to give us an excuse for a spinning license...

Comment

No criticism intended.

Originally posted by veritas View Post
            ...Was I getting spanked in there? just wondering....
            Not by me either. I was just tryin' to figger out what I could get away with. See my post to you and Otis back under the "FTHB allocation" thread where I was doing lots of supposin' this and supposin' that and now I'm not so sure I do need two 1040Xs.
            Because...they're both liable for the note and they don't have any written agreement of monthly payments other than a verbal "I'll pay half and you pay half." Twenty years later she may have paid 3/4 of the payments.

Who knows, they may end up on The Peoples Court or Judge Judy with him claimin' (as the male defendants usually do) that although he did indeed take her to the cleaners, all those full payments she made for the both of them plus all the money and goods she gave him was, believe it or not, a gift.

Comment

Judge Judy

She can take 'em to the woodshed.

"If you live to be a
              hundred you will never be as smart as me"

Comment

Working...
              X