Partnership not registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partnership not registered

I called the state of Florida to see what kind of return a partnership was required to file with the state.

I found out that the partnership should have been registered with the state (It wasn't) The sales tax they have been paying since opening in June was being credited to their sales tax number with a wrong FEIN.

So now they (or I with them) have to go down to the state building and get this mess straightened out.

I filled out the registration papers on the website and printed it out to take with us. But the effective date cannot be prior to date of filing. So does that mean that they were not a partnership in 2005? If not, how do I file this return?

Can't believe this mess!!!!!

Linda F

Originally posted by Linda F
    I filled out the registration papers on the website and printed it out to take with us. But the effective date cannot be prior to date of filing. So does that mean that they were not a partnership in 2005? If not, how do I file this return?

Can't believe this mess!!!!!

Linda F
    Linda, I don't think the IRS cares. It was, de facto, a partnership in 2005 and should file as such. As for FL, if there are no partners subject to FL corporate income tax, then the F1065 is not required.

Comment

Right

Rosiea. I will file the 1065 for Federal and not worry about state for 2005.

We will get partnership registered with state and all that straightened out and then for 2006 everything should be okay.

I think when the partnership is registered with the state there is a place to mark that it is a partnership and then the state does not expect a return.

Appreicate everyones help.

Linda F

Comment

Working...
      X