Homebuyers Credit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homebuyers Credit.

I have a homebuyer who closed in june, but were in contract by May 1st. What documentation would need to be sent in to verify contract by May 1st?

Originally posted by gman View Post
    I have a homebuyer who closed in june, but were in contract by May 1st. What documentation would need to be sent in to verify contract by May 1st?
    How about a copy of a legally complete and properly signed contract?

Comment

I believe the last date was 4/30/10.

Comment

contract

So, are the majority of you sending a copy of a binding contract and a copy of the settlement statement?

Comment

Here's what they want:

So, are the majority of you sending a copy of a binding contract and a copy of the settlement statement?

Comment

That form list does not address this issue. However, I would send a copy of the binding contract, signed and dated by all parties, in addition to the HUD-1. The other forms are not required unless they ask for them for random verification, but I would submit anyway to avoid delays.

Comment

Looks like it may be easier than we all think to get the FTHB credit.
              Apparently all one needs to provide is their cellblock address and inmate number.

CNBC Utilities Page, Politics, Markets, Stock markets, Commodity markets, Currency markets, Bonds, US Top News and Analysis, US Homepage, stocks, Make It, Currencies, Futures & Commodities, business news
              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
                Looks like it may be easier than we all think to get the FTHB credit. Apparently all one needs to provide is their cellblock address and inmate number.

Nearly 1,300 prison inmates wrongly received more than $9 million in tax credits for homebuyers despite being locked up when they claimed they bought a home, a government investigator reported Wednesday....
                I was worried about this at first, but then Treasury Inspector General George said...

"This is very troubling."
                The IRS said it has aggressively enforced the tax credit, blocking nearly 400,000 questionable claims
                I certainly agree with this last statement -- I've got a preacher client right now who's been trying to get his since November. Guess he should have bought a parsonage near Cummins Prison.

Comment

He might also think about applying for a government job top supplement his church income. According to the last sentence, there may be 87 or so IRS positions opening up soon.
                  "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
                  X