Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York Tax Preparer Registration

From NAEA E@alert 6-11-2010

New York Bill Exempting EAs from Tax Preparer Registration Passes State Senate
    In a piece of great news for New York enrolled agents and enrolled agents throughout the country, on June 7 the New York Senate passed S. 5710A (by a vote of 58 to 0). The bill would remove enrolled agents from the tax preparer registration requirement, which E@lert has covered at length. The Assembly has already passed the bill and accordingly will send the bill to Governor David Paterson for his signature. The governor is expected to sign the bill, particularly given the strong legislative support for it. The New York State Society of Enrolled Agents should be commended for their constant efforts on this issue.
    Sandy

Hooray!

Hooray!!!! (not really that excited; just had to make it 10 characters long)

Comment

Wow.............. I'm pleased to save $100..............................
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Excellent. I did 2 NY returns this past season---free. Did not sign the returns and did not charge the clients, however they paid for the Federal.
        brian
        Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

I do one or two NY returns per year. Glad I don't have to choose between paying the fee and retaining the clients.
          In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
          Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Never had to pay...

You never had to pay to prepare one or two NY returns if you always prepared fewer than ten (or ten and fewer, can't remember, but you get the idea). You only had to register. I prepare around 11, so I really love this new law!

Comment

Working...
            X