Extend Homeuyers Tax Credit Closing Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extend Homeuyers Tax Credit Closing Date

Just read where our buddy, Harry Reid, has placed an amendment in the American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 extending the closing deadline to September 30 for qualifing for the Long Term Housing Tax Credit. This applies to the closing date only. The real estate and banking lobby groups are alive and well and well funded!

What is your source? Did it pass? Is it law?
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
      What is your source? Did it pass? Is it law?
      HR4213 is still in Senate..........Lobbyist's are not done with it yet.......Check Senate website for current status.

Comment

"Lobbyists are not done with it yet"

I assume is another way of saying

"Some Senators are still waiting for their individual payoffs before voting"

(Sometimes it takes a few extra days for the check to clear the bank...)
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Here's one 'source' - Nothing appears to be final yet....

Last edited by abctax; 06-11-2010, 01:36 PM. Reason: (forgot link)

Comment

I found the article. It won't be voted on until sometime next week.
            Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Current Status

Harry has filed for cloture which would end all discussions on the bill. He needs 60 votes to become successful in this endeavor. If cloture does not go through debates could continue many moons.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmcg View Post
                Harry has filed for cloture which would end all discussions on the bill. He needs 60 votes to become successful in this endeavor. If cloture does not go through debates could continue many moons.
                They're a'votin right now, and I'm hearing a whole lot of "ayes" on the television.
                (I don't want to look! grin)
                Something about watching tax laws and/or sausage being made.
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
                  They're a'votin right now, and I'm hearing a whole lot of "ayes" on the television.
                  Final vote 42-52. Did not make cloture. Debate continues...........Too much junk attached to this bill now to move very fast. Amendment to extend closure date for HBC was attached. Tune in next week.

Comment

Either somebody didn't get their check or maybe some checks haven't cleared the bank yet. (Can't be too careful when you're looking out for the taxpayers' best interests and depositing bribe money all at the same time - it gets complicated).
                    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
                      Either somebody didn't get their check or maybe some checks haven't cleared the bank yet. (Can't be too careful when you're looking out for the taxpayers' best interests and depositing bribe money all at the same time - it gets complicated).
                      Always said, we have the best Congress that money can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmcg View Post
                        Always said, we have the best Congress that money can buy.
                        I would even quibble with that these days.
                        ChEAr$,
                        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I would even quibble with that these days.
                          I agree, we know what they are, the only questionable area is what there worth is.

Comment

Now, now,

I think you boys are bein' a little too rough on politicians. Some of us here may have family in the business; me for one. Two of my kinfolk were almost-politicians (couldn't chin the pole); one ran for dogcatcher and the other ran for county line.

The dogcatcher candidate (cousin Bodacious Bart), when asked for comment on his defeat, stated "I wuz robbed." Quizzed further about his campaign's disappointing results (six votes) he explained: "A feller that's got no more friends than I have needs to carry a gun!"

Comment

I've seen sausage being made

law making belongs in another category.

Pumping septic tanks comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X